The lecture is organized via OLAT.
The objective of this lecture is to introduce performance modeling of complex distributed systems.
- Server dimensioning of planned systems
- Quality of service guarantees in distributed systems
- Resource management in distributed systems
The focus will be on different analytical methods for performance modeling, namely stochastic network calculus (SNC) with
- Moment generating functions (MGFs)
- Tail bounds
- Cheng-Shang Chang, Performance Guarantees in Communication Networks. Springer, 2000.
- Yuming Jiang, Stochastic Network Calculus. Springer, 2008.