- Security in Wireless Networks (WLAN, WSN, RFID)
- Cross-layer security designs (e.g., using physical characteristics)
- Selective Jamming
- Wireless Key Generation
- Software-defined radio (SDR)
- DiscoSec — Authentication for all IEEE 802.11 frames
- Wireless key generation using signal transmission properties
- WiFire — A "Wireless Firewall" to protect wireless networks against injection of malicious transmissions
|ACM SIGCOMM '11||August 15–19||Toronto, Canada|
|ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security (WiSec '11)||June 15–17||Hamburg, Germany|
|European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN '11)||Feb. 23–25||Bonn, Germany|
|Workshop on Secure Network Protocols (NPSec '10)||October 5–8||Kyoto, Japan|
|European Reconfigurable Radio Workshop (Wireless Innovation F.)||June 23–25||Mainz, Germany|
|12. Kryptotag der GI Fachgruppe "Angewandte Kryptographie"||April 9th||Karlsruhe, Germany|
|ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security (WiSec '10)||March 22–24||Hoboken, NJ, USA|
|European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN '10)||Feb. 17–19||Coimbra, Portugal|
- TPC member of the CoNEXT '11 Shadow TPC
- External reviewer for WiSec '11, MASS '11, PWSN '11, LCN '11, ...
- Graduate 2nd Place in ACM Student Research Competition Grand Finals 2012
- ACM Student Research Competition (SRC) Graduate 1st Place @ SIGCOMM 2011
- EWSN 2010/CONET M.Sc. Academic Award for my Diploma Thesis on wireless key generation
|Reiner Herrmann||Adapting DiscoSec to use the mac80211 Protocol Stack (BA)|
|Daniel Poh||TinySec 2.x—TinySec on the TinyOS 2.x Platform (BA)|
|Matthias Schäfer||KeyGen WSN—Development of a Standalone Implementation of our WSN Key Generation Protocol based on Physical Channel Properties (BA)|
|Tim Stöber||Traffic Analysis using Software-defined Radios in an Airport Scenario (BA)|
|Sven Oliver Kreis||Jamming in Wireless Networks—Implementation of Different Jamming Techniques using SDR and Evaluation of the Effectiveness in Real-world Scenarios (DA)|
|Stefan Dyckmans||Real-time Classification of Wireless Communication Using Software-defined Radios(MA)|
|Gregor Dschung||Efficient Wireless Traffic Classification using Software-defined Radio (BA)|
|Nitin Makhloga||Performance Evaluation and Security Analysis of WiFire in a Wireless Sensor Network Scenario (MA)|
- Seminar on Mobile Computing (Winter 2008)
- Seminar on Distributed Systems (Summer 2009)
- Exercises of Security in Distributed Systems (Winter 2009)
- Seminar on Mobile Computing (Winter 2009)
Resources on Technical Writing
- Interesting talk on paper writing.
- Tips on electronic publishing by Markus Kuhn.
- Writing guidelines by Jean-Yves Le Boudec.
- Common mistakes in writing and editing by Henning Schulzrinne.
- A collection of pitfalls in editing technical papers
- Some hints on writing abstracts.
- A link collection with advice on research and, writing and presentations.
- A collection of grammar websites.