The last lecture takes place on Tuesday 11th February 2020.
The exercise on Thursday 13th February will be a question and answer session.
Tuesdays, 10:00-11:30, in room 13-222
Thursday, 15:30 - 17:00, in room 36-438
This course gives an introduction to secure communication in computer networks. Topics covered in this lecture include:
- history of secure communication
- symmetric cryptography: DES, 3DES, AES
- asymmetric cryptography: RSA, Diffie-Hellman, El Gamal
- hash functions: MD5, SHA1, SHA2, SHA3
- cryptographic protocols: Secret Sharing, Needham-Schroeder, Kerberos, X.509
- other security relevant topics: random number generation, birthday problem
The slides are accessible only from within the university network (131.246.*). Please use SSH or VPN for remote access.
|2||Symmetric Crypto||PDFa, PDFb, PDFc||19.11.2019|
|4||Modification Check Values||PDFa, PDFb||16.12.2019|
|6||Post Quantum Cryptography||11.02.2020|
|7||Real World Protocols||11.02.2020|
- The nice and comprehensive Handbook of Applied Cryptography by Menezes, van Oorschot and Vanstone is available online for free and can be found here.
- An extra course about cryptography can be found here.
- A illustrative video about the discrete logarithm problem.
- ECC Visualization (java)
- An example of differential Cryptanalysis can be found here.
- An example of a MD5-collistion with two images can be found here.
The exercise sheets are accessible only from within the university network (131.246.*). Please use SSH or VPN for remote access.
|Published||Covered Topics||Exercise date||Download|
|04.11.2019||Basics, Feistel Network, Monoalphabetic Cipher||14.11.2019||exercise1||solution1||14.11.2019|
|19.11.2019||DES, differential cryptanalysis, modes of operation||28.11.2019||exercise2||solution2||19.11.2019|
|09.12.2019||Chinese Remainder Theorem, RSA, Diffie-Hellmann||19.12.2019||exercise3||solution3||09.12.2019|
|03.01.2020||ElGamal, Elliptic Curve Crypto, Hash Functions||16.01.2020||exercise4||solution4||22.01.2020|
|21.01.2020||Enitity Authentication, Secret Sharing, Fair Coin Tossing||30.01.2020||exercise5||solution5||21.01.2020|